Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Quiet Book: Counting beads

Pin It
I posted my Quiet book: Garden page a few days ago, and now I am back with another one!
Just so you know, I was originally going to combine all of the 'pages' together, but I think I like having each 'page' separate so my kids can play with different ones. 
Anyways, on to the tutorial!
(As with the previous page, this counting page is a no-sew version).
So as before, I used scrap pieces of felt that I already had in my stash.


I cut two strips of green felt. Using a hot glue gun I glued the green around the outside edge and attached it to the grey.
Do not glue the inside edge of the green, because you will need that side in a second.
A while ago my mother-in-law gave me a ton of jewelry making supplies, so I measured and cut some black elastic-y type string.
I then glued it underneath the green felt.
Make sure to add the beads before you glue the other side of the string under the green felt.
I did 10 rows of beads and I used two different types of beads, one set is black and smooth, and the other is kind of a goldish-brown and it has a bumpy texture.
I had this black fabric paint on hand already, so I decided to use it for the numbers and the word 'counting'
I think I got this paint at Michael's.
I totally just free-handed the numbers down the side of the green felt, and the word 'counting'. I realized later that it was kind of lopsided.
Oh well.
I'm sure my toddler won't notice :)
And that's our second page!
Check back soon to see what other pages we created :)

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I bet your little one loves it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...