Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

Grilled Bruschetta Chicken

Pin It
This recipe is an end-of-Summer must!  With only 5 ingredients and around 200 calories...yeah...easy and healthy!  I found this on Pinterest a while ago, back when we were living in our old house, and had our veggie garden...I know, I need to get over not having a garden anymore...Anyways, I loved this because when I had first found this recipe my kitchen counter was overrun with fresh tomatoes.  It was a nice way to use some of them up.

Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breats sliced open to make them thinner (this will give you 4 pieces of chicken)
  • 1/2 c. Italian salad dressing (it originally calls for sun-dried tomato salad dressing, but every time I've made this recipe, I've only had the Italian on hand)
  • 2 tomatoes finely chopped
  • 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tsp. dried basil
  • salt
If you remember, which I never do, sprinkle the chicken with a little salt, then place chicken and salad dressing in a Zip-lock bag and marinate in the fridge for as long as you've got time for.  As you can see in the picture below, I just sprinkle the salt, and then brush on the dressing.
Turn your grill on to medium, and once it's ready put the chicken on.  Leave it until it's cooked about half-way through, and THEN you can turn it over.  Combine the chopped tomatoes, basil, and shredded cheese in a small bowl, and then top the cooked side of the chicken with the mixture.  Finish cooking the chicken on that side...
Then remove from the grill and serve!
This time I cut the recipe in half since my husband was at work, I was only making it for my son and myself, so that's just 1 chicken breast I used...can you tell which one is his and which is mine?  :)
Recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything

1 comment:

  1. Wow great tips for making Grilled Bruschetta Chicken. Great work guys keep it up and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...